Now Hiring: Service Desk Support
Thursday, September 12, 2019
The Help Desk Support is responsible for handling first level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Assist as a primary point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests; phone, email, portal, …
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, etc...
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Efficient turnaround of customer requests.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher / Manager to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in as they occur.
- Understand processes completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the University.
- Enter all work as service tickets.
Knowledge, Education, and Experience
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
Job Type: Full-time
- help desk: 2 years (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Sign Up for Our E-Newsletter
Every month, we'll send you our latest blogs, news and announcements.